Search This Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Lemons and Limes my Friends!

Writing is an exploration. You start from nothing and learn as you go.
E. L. Doctorow
Dear readers - whoever or wherever you may be,

Today is the opening of a blog, lost in the hundreds of millions of Joe Schmoes Memoirs. It is an attempt to display another unique snowflake to the snowman. But what I have in store for each of you, my dear snow people, is yet to be revealed.

Until then! An introduction is necessary. . . I suppose.

I have always loved the idea of a blog. Writing - consistently - has never been terribly easy when I attempt it unfortunately. Procrastination, while not one of the worst sins out there in the world, is a horrible habit of mine.

The act of writing isn't a chore to me though. Don't misunderstand! My procrastination is simply the result of overbearing perfectionism. The idea, the belief even, that the effort is equal to the outcome drives the best and worst of me.

Yet. Another attempt is appearing right before your eyes despite these flaws.

The idea is simple. A blog of personal thoughts, mixed with creative projects, and fine tuned with a little bit of business.

But I am ready to move up and branch out! Maybe the project will fly, maybe it will flop. Whatever happens - I'll keep on going.

Perhaps the worst advice given is the advice given repeatedly.
Perhaps it's the best.

Either way I am starting from nothing and hope to learn as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment